Who we are
We are an early stage, venture backed startup developing groundbreaking image recognition and machine learning methods to analyze the torrent of public photos shared on social media platforms. We are working on the cutting-edge of computer vision, machine learning and statistical analysis. Our technology is used by the leading social listening platforms and top consumer brands to improve marketing insights, consumer engagement and audience segmentation. What appears in photos offers new insights into behavior. Reading them automatically and at scale is our challenge.
We are a small, multi-disciplinary, collaborative team where everyone has the opportunity to have big impact on a daily basis. Our company is lead by serial entrepreneurs and financially backed by leaders in technology innovation, marketing and advertising.
Located near the innovation hub of Massachusetts’ Kendall square, our office is part of the Intrepid Labs co-working space where employees benefit from an endless supply of snacks, the requisite on-sight ping-pong and easy access to the MBTA’s Red and Green lines.
Who we are looking for
Ditto is looking for a passionate, talented and inventive machine learning software engineer to join our team. You will implement, optimize, deploy and maintain next-generation computer vision and machine learning systems for analyzing big data at scale.
As a member of the Ditto technical team you will apply computer vision, image processing, and ingenuity to solve real-world business problems. Collaborate with peers on a cross-functional team to deploy computer-vision solutions in realtime, worldwide.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Solve real world object/scene detection, classification, segmentation problems
- Enhance existing and develop new techniques in deep learning for image recognition
- Write and maintain world class large-scale C/C++ and python codebases
- Develop research prototypes and transition them to live production code
- Contribute to strategic planning for a variety of technical initiatives
- Research-level knowledge of computer vision algorithms and their implementations
- Deep machine learning knowledge – SVM, Random Forests, DNN/CNN, Stochastic modeling, Logistic Regression, Markov, Naive/Bayesian Networks, NLP, model verification
- Deep machine vision knowledge – Object tracking, Kalman Filtering, Cascades, low level image/video processing
- Special familiarity with mathematical and vision libraries for multicore/multithread GPU processing at both low levels: OpenCL, CUDA, Thrust, and high-levels: Caffe, Torch, etc.
- Experience profiling and optimizing algorithms to meet stringent performance requirements
- Software architecture expertise – rapidly design clean, modular, efficient software with modern design patterns in a variety of programming languages, paradigms, and environments
- Frameworks fluency: Boost, OpenCV, OpenVL, Dlib, etc.
- Years of experience coding on linux and unix systems and related tools such as zsh, make/cmake, clang, Xcode
- Minimum language fluency: C/C++, Python 2/3, SQL, Ruby (Rails).
- Q/A spirit – quality assessment for algorithms and performance monitoring
- Depth of experience with AWS services (in particular: RDS, EC2, S3, RedShift, Hive)
- Dev-ops methodologies such as continuous deployment and tools like vagrant, new relic, ctest, etc.
- Experience with automatic testing
As part of our team you’ll receive a competitive compensation package, including base salary, stock, benefits and flexible vacation time. We maintain a healthy work-life balance because we think it’s valuable to be happy and sane.